Friday, August 15, 2014

Me & Philanthropy

I have always stood up for helping those who need our help and being a Salman Khan fan I have always known that it is necessary to act 'Being Human' to be a true human being. For me it is not possible to donate ample amount of fund to orphanages and old-age homes now because I am still a dependent but that doesn't mean I am presenting an excuse. I have always stood for blood donation and social causes. Last May it was the 15th time that I donated blood and perhaps next month I will be donating again. It was long back when I donated blood for the first time that I realized the kick in a person smiling at me after I have done something good for them. It is a bizarre experience to live the moment after helping someone. It boosts up the morale within and also develops a self respect.

The last when I did something good for other's..

Three days back after I returned to my second home, 'Charaideo Men's Hostel' I found a middle aged lady sitting on the stairs of our hostel. I parked my cycle at the cycle stand. I walked towards her. She showed me a photograph of a man who was in bed and said that the man in the photograph was her husband. He was detected with cancer. She couldn't afford for his treatment. I put my hand inside my pocket and discovered  two ten rupee note inside. I immediately handed over a ten rupee note. The lady although was sad, passed on a smile reflecting her blessings. It really felt good.

Submitted for Indispire

No comments:

Post a Comment